Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I am not a camel.

I cannot survive days in the desert without water. Hell, I can barely survive a simple trip to the grocery store without my water bottle. But overall, things in Vegas -- as the sign says -- are fabulous.

The city is based on a grid, not old cow paths weaving without rhyme or reason through the city. That is good.

The grocery stores are huge and clean, with wide aisles and video poker. Which is also good. And funny. And a little sad. But way more funny than sad.

The stores are all ones I know..and more than anything else, the people are so nice. Strangers make casual conversation in line, in the garden department, in parking lots and strip malls. Neighbors wave. Everyone seems happy.

And I like that. A lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home