Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Giving Thanks

It's a generic post, I know, but as I drove home from work tonight I thought about all the things I am thankful for:

* Driving. And knowing that all I have to do to change my direction is turn on my blinker, check my blind spot, and go.

* Family. Near and Far. Blood-related or formed on its own. Having a support system and knowing who they are.

* Music. And for how it can change your mood, take you back in time and make everything all right.

* Cowboy Boots. They rule. Enough said.

* Las Vegas. For not having to turn on the heat yet. For roads that make sense. For open doors and friendly people. For being everything I hoped it would be and more.

* Good coffee, good wine, good cheese, good bread and good fruit. I try to get as many everyday. The perfect day includes them all.

* Sunshine. Because you can never get enough vitamin D.

* Television. It inspires, pays the bills, and keeps me entertained. It's ok to love TV.

* The West Coast. And knowing where home is.

* Kitties. And puppies. And anything soft, really. Especially pillows.

* Travel. And knowing that there are still so many more adventures to take.

* The future. And never knowing just what is next. But knowing that I'm ready.

2 Comments:

At 22 November, 2007 20:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And being thankful for your Mother has given me the opertunity to be thankful for you.

d

 
At 23 November, 2007 17:54, Blogger mimulus_99 said...

d, you're such a sap! but i must admit...

that's beautiful, man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home