Saturday, October 29, 2005

Winter Wonderland

In two days, it will be Halloween...but outside, it looks more like we're two days from Christmas. October 29th: Snow is now falling on the city of Boston! Are you kidding me??? This year, unlike any other year before, I have been trying my hardest to embrace each season for its own individuality. It's become my Fall mantra. And this is how I am rewarded?

See, I hate Fall. Not for anything Fall did, I'm sure Fall is a lovely enough of a season on its own. My hatred comes from what Fall is a sign of..a sign of Winter, just around the corner. So, here I am, not dissing Fall and just keeping my mouth shut...and how am I thanked?? SNOW! Snow in October! Snow, 2 months before the first day of Winter! SNOW!!!! Fall, you dirty minx, what kind of sick trick is this?? I have been good! I have been kind to you! I went pumpkin picking and acorn hunting and sipped your delicious apple cider! What's next? A blizzard in November?

I'm going to give you another chance, Fall. I am not going to be mean, I will not scold. But don't make me regret this decision. Can you save the flakes, for just a little longer??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home