Monday, January 15, 2007

Nerd Alert!

It's no surprise I like things a bit nerdy. I live with the ultimate nerd. I sell nerd.notes. And now, I admit to the latest film fest in the Paladie-ni home.

The Star Wars Marathon.

This marathon courtesy of members of my family who sent Nick the DVDs for Christmas. The only appropriate thing to do was to watch the movies in order. Not the usual order (IV, V, VI, I, II, III), but chronologically. And you know what? It's a different story when you do it that way.

Observations:

* George Lucas created a story focusing on just one person -- Anakin Skywalker. Luke, Leia, Han, Yoda, Senator/Queen Amidala, etc... they are all there to help push the story of Anakin/Darth Vader. From start to finish, it is really his story. All this time, I felt that the original trilogy was Luke's story. It's not. And watching the movies chronologically really does change the emphasis.

* Isolation has not been good to Yoda. Episodes I-III, Yoda is wise. Episode V: Yoda is nutty. And in the new trilogy, George Lucas really should have used a Yoda puppet.

* I love Ewoks! They are so cute!! Ewoks make me smile!! I want an Ewok!

* Jabba the Hut gave me nightmares when I was 8..and at 28. He's just gross.

* Boba Fett is fun to say.

* Old special effects are much better and much more believable over new special effects.

* Lofty dialogue does not create a feeling of old world sophistication. It makes early episodes boring.

* How can Leia remember her mom when she died during childbirth?? LIES!!

* New Anakin at the end of Episode VI is not that bad, and quite appropriate for continuity..calm down Star Wars nerds!!!

* I blame Obi-Wan for part of the Darth Vader transformation. Lay off the kid, already! Criticizing him all the time is not constructive!

* Minus the gold bikini, does Leia ever where a bra??? Give the girls some support!

* Watching all 6 movies in a row can make one very special nerd very happy!

1 Comments:

At 16 January, 2007 17:17, Blogger Tamara said...

Yes. You are a big nerd. And you even take the time to analyze your nerdiness. Wow. You and Nick are totally meant for each other. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home