Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Challenging Myself

Don't you just love Spring? It's the time of year to start fresh and clean and baby-fresh new again!

And so, I follow suit with the Self Challenge. It's Self Magazine's way of helping to shake out the winter cobwebs and motivate this lazy Northerner into the outside exercise Southerners can enjoy year long! And so, my blog has suffered, being that this project does take quite a bit of time! Thankfully, it's working (I think)!

If you need a kick in the butt to get out there, I highly recommend it. If you'd like to be my buddy online, we can arrange that, too! Although, I have 2 unsuccessful attempts at adding buddies under my belt. I'm sure you and me will work it out just fine.

*********************
So, to help facilitate my Self Challenge, I spent Saturday on the Great Shoe Search. Sadly, I live 3,000 miles from my normal workout shoe haunt (ample props to Brent here for past shoe hook-ups!), leaving my search a bit haphazard.

First stop: New Balance Outlet. What a bust. All the shoes look granny-white and gross. I hate this store. Nick walks away with a winner.

Frustrated, lost and unmotivated, we decide to use the nice weather to drive to our Millbury haunt. We park by EMS. We go inside to look for bike breaks. We stumble upon the BEST shoes in the world!

Secretly tucked in the back clearance are, not one, but 2 pairs of super-cute workout shoes. Both pairs miraculously come in my oh-so common size! I slip it on..and it's like walking on angel wings..could these shoes BE any more comfy? Answer: NO! I'm in love.

Regular price: $100. Sale price: $60. Secret surprise price at register: $41!!

And so, my friends, the moral of the story is: Trips to unexpected places can reap amazing rewards

-and-

Always let your boyfriend drag you into outdoor stores..even if they are EMS and not far-superior REI or Whole Earth Provision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home