Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I Blame Myself

In 1991, the NBA selected ten players to represent the USA men's
Olympic basketball team. The roster read like a who's who of basketball
at the time: Jordan, Magic, Bird and Barkley. Noticeably absent: Clyde Drexler. Impossible! How could Portland MVP and all-around nice guy not get a chance to make history and bring home the gold?

And so I started my campaign to undo this wrong.

Letters to NBA Commissioner
David Stern and a signed petition from the greater Gordon Russell
Middle School community helps correct the situation and Clyde got his
gold medal.

Fast forward 16 years..when I abandoned Clyde in his time of need.

Last night, the love of my adolescent
life did not make the cut on "Dancing with the Stars." It's not that I
didn't cheer..or laugh and smile at your stiff moves on the dance floor. But I didn't vote. I didn't write. I did nothing but become just a spectator. And for this, I am sorry.

But at least he beat out Leeza Gibbons.

1 Comments:

At 11 May, 2007 14:14, Blogger elenajoyce said...

Who knew that you were Clive Drexler's Biggest Fan? I sense a nickname ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home