Monday, April 09, 2007

Right Name, Wrong Coast

After nearly 4 years living in New England, I finally made a trip home. Or at least it sounds like home..and Portland, Maine even has several similarities to its sister city Out West. Here are just a few:

*Subarus! Everywhere the Subaru!
*Key Bank. I forgot all about Key Bank until spotting one just a short jaunt from our hotel.
*Plenty of Mexican Restuarants
*Peace Protests
*Yummy organic food restaurants
*Starbucks on several street corners
*Quirky shops filled with quirky shop-keepers
*Friendly people
*Hills!
*Channel 8 News: "Where the NEWS comes first."
*Unlocked bikes
*Roads paved and painted to fit the cars that drive on them

Basically, Portland East has a lot of the quirks of Portland West..and I loved it. Could I live there? Nope. Too cold! But, it's nice to see parts of New England with charm and class and affordable housing.

1 Comments:

At 09 April, 2007 09:15, Blogger Tamara said...

You've convinced me. I'm going this summer! Is there camping nearby???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home