Monday, December 03, 2007

Another Reason Why..It's Great To Be Here!

Let's go back in time, say, to May:

Me, calling my doctor in Boston: Hi, I'd like to make an appt. for a checkup. Sometime in the next two months?

Receptionist: I'm sorry, the next available appt. isn't until the last week of August. That's in four months. Will that work for you?

Me: WTF?!?!?

***********************************
Now, to about 20 minutes ago:

Me, calling my new Las Vegas doctor: Hi! I need an appointment..you don't happen to have anything, say, next week?

Receptionist: Actually, if you're not busy later today we can see you at 1:45.

Me, quothe, E: Aces!

**********************************
That gives me less than 5 hours to dread said appt! Much better than four months. If only I could breathe through my nose I'd double-down on a dentist appointment.. This is better than gambling! (ok, that's a lie, but at least if I lose the doctor game I can still make rent!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home