Tuesday, February 28, 2006

You Are What You Drink

I call it therapy in a cup, my liquid mood ring. But what I put in my glass can help set the mood for the day, or change the way I'm already feeling. So, today, I raise my glass and toast my favorites:

Coffee: Ah..warm, stimulant-laden coffee! You not only help me get up in the morning, but give me inspiration. There's nothing like a warm cup of coffee to help inspire me for a big day of TCBing. While drinking my coffee, everything seems possible; I can do anything! And coffee, I have you to thank!

Hot Chocolate: In search of a hug in a mug? This is your drink! With two hands wrapped around the cup, it's almost like the drink is hugging you back! Could there be anything more comforting on a cold winter night than a nice warm hot chocolate? Even better with whip!

Hot Tea: When the world's got me down, or I feel that things are moving too fast (even for me), nothing slows them down like a nice cup of tea. You can't gulp tea...it must be slowly sipped. It forces me to slow down. Breathe. Forget the worries of the world and get lost in the leaves.

Beer - The working man's hot tea: Tea too prissy for you? Reach for a beer! Relaxing on a hot day with a beer in hand seems like the perfect summer afternoon. Sit around! Shoot the shit! Sip your beer and live right in that moment. It's beer drinking time! And there's nothing to tear you away from right now!

Wine: My wine aficionado readers may find it almost sacrilege to list wine as only one catagory. What with whites and reds...fruity and dry...how can one complicated drink really only get one shout out? Simple. I feel the same way no matter the color. Wine is for contimplating. Pondering life, art or why the person sitting across the bar would think red and green should be worn outside of the holiday season. You have to break apart wine, and the drink forces you to break apart life. Find the subtle innuendos and everything sitting just below the surface. When I'm searching for a drink to help me get to the bottom of things, it's time to pop open the pinot!

Water: The least sexy of the drinks, this one above all is probably my favorite. It keeps me sane, keeps me hydrated, and keeps me running to the bathroom. It clears away the mess of the day, leaving me with a clean slate where I can start over fresh again. Don't like the way the day is going? Wash it all away with a glass of water for a fresh clean start. No fillers, no mood inhancers..water is yours to make of it.

So drink up! The change you're looking for may be in the bottom of a glass!

Cheers!

2 Comments:

At 01 March, 2006 21:35, Blogger Tamara said...

you are so weird.

i'll drink to that!

 
At 03 March, 2006 15:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and what about Lemon Drops?

dF

 

Post a Comment

<< Home