Friday, February 01, 2008

Emancipation Proclamation

Deep breath. Let it out. Here we go.

It's the post I've been delaying and now, I feel the time has come. Some things have been happening in my life and it's time to share.

My relationship with Nick is over. Officially, it ended a couple months back. Unofficially, it's been over for years.

There is no need to go into detail here as to what happened. Those close to me already know. Those on the other side know their version. And somewhere in between is likely the truth...if there was any truth there to begin with.

I have no regret when I look back on the past five and a half (!) years. This journey taught me so much. I learned new things about myself. I re-learned things I knew and pushed out of my life.

And, I found complete happiness and joy once again. In myself. I will never again allow another person be the ruler of my happiness. I remember that just because I won't let others be the ones who control my happiness, that doesn't mean they cannot be the source of it.

It's funny, during all of this, "my song" was Dave Matthews Bands "Grey Street". Now, I'm living in technicolor.

I have found a new love.

And he is everything I needed. And wanted. And didn't know I couldn't live without. And he let's me be just me.

And now, finally, I am free.

2 Comments:

At 01 February, 2008 20:19, Blogger mimulus_99 said...

hey. as a pot, i am going to point out to you that you are a black kettle, and don't blog enough.

it had never occurred to me that that expression probably has some racial undertones.

FYI, i hear Joey Harrington is the guest on Wait, wait don't tell me. If you are nerdy enough to enjoy a delegate counter, you're undoubtedly nerdy enough to know what i'm talking about.

Obama for president!

 
At 15 February, 2008 17:58, Blogger Tamara said...

:)

truth is beautiful

 

Post a Comment

<< Home