Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Don't Judge a Book by its Genre

I'm a fiction girl.

When I go to a bookstore, the first place I wander to is always fiction. Always. Sure, I occationally pick up a nice biography or some sort of DIY manual..but when it comes to reading for fun, it's fiction all the way.

So when someone recommends something out of mystery, or god forbid, sci-fi, I usually give some sort of non-committal response and go back to my safety section.

But then, I can't be catagorized as one thing! I am so many things! So maybe, just maybe, my taste in literature could be expanded...just a bit.

And you know what? It has.

I just finished a book you would find (hold your breath for this one!) in fantasy! FANTASY!!! Land of the geeks and black-robed dorks! Oh heaven on earth, is there no humanity left! FANTASY!!! And, I liked it! I couldn't put it down! I carried it everywhere! I read it during commercial breaks! What's wrong with me?!?!

And now all of a sudden, my never-ending bookshelf of things to read is getting a whole lot bigger... Time! I just need more time to read!!!

5 Comments:

At 26 April, 2006 19:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep buying more time !!!!

 
At 27 April, 2006 13:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nerd

 
At 27 April, 2006 14:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

books are the best!

 
At 29 April, 2006 05:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what was the book?
ma

 
At 29 April, 2006 17:31, Blogger Allison said...

"American Gods" by Neil Gaiman. So nerdy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home