Friday, March 17, 2006

When Shopping Gods Are Smiling

Me and shopping have a love/hate relationship. Trips filled with such intent often times wind up being big miserable failures. Nothing fits right. Everything is too expensive. Summer clothes are the only things on the racks in the dead of winter. But yesterday, the fates gave me a break!

Lunch and shopping seemingly going as planned, until a trip down the right escalator landed me on destiny's doorstep. Or at least, pointed me to the right suite in the mall.

Just a week ago, I read an article in a magazine about a new hair spray I knew I just had to have..Surf Spray. It's like California in your hair, even when your thousands of miles and 3 time zones away. I knew I needed this! Could there be a more Allison hair product? Answer: Heck no!

Initial tragedy: the product is sold out on most online sites. I guess everyone else read that article obviously written for me...sigh. So, I just figured I'd wait a bit until it was back in stock.

Until my sign.

Right at the base of the escalator: "Come to our beauty salon! We sell your hair spray!"

Oh, and they did!

So now, even though it's still freakin' freezing, I have a bit of California sun and surf everywhere I go.

Ah, marketing. My love affair with you continues...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home