Wednesday, November 16, 2005

All I Want for Christmas...

It's official. The holidays are here. I know it's true, because tonight my company held it's annual Thanksgiving dinner. There's no turning back now.

The holidays rock. And suck. There are special treats, perfect presents and memories for a lifetime. There is also stress and frustration, paired with longing for things I can't have and people I won't get to see. Tonight, I am feeling melancholy.

Do you know what I want for Christmas this year? I want time. I want more time to spend with people who make me laugh, who make me think, who make me feel like me. I want more time to read and knit and watch TV. More lingering coffee dates. More girls' nights out. More trips to places I've never been, and to places I'll never forget.

So, Santa, if you're listening (or, I guess, reading in this case), see if you can wrap me up some time for under the tree. I feel like I'm running out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home