Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmastime in Watch City

So, it's been awhile... but I'm back! The past couple weeks have been beyond busy!

I've been working, tutoring, getting together for the holidays and taking care of chores. And in the middle of all the craziness, I was close to breaking down with too much to do and not enough time...and realized I'm lucky to have it this way. Short of getting too touchy-feely..I know I am very fortunate. Before I opened any Christmas presents...I know I already have everything I need, and then some.

I have the boyfriend who's a perfect mix of sensitivity and sarcasm. He supports every crazy dream I have and never laughs when I admit the craziest things. He gives me everything I need, and knows just what's important in life.

I have a family who lives very far away but are always close by. No matter how much time passes between each visit, it's as if I just saw them last week.

I have this amazing group of friends, coast to coast, who've become this new extension of a family tree. They've been there through break ups, Vegas trips and rainy college graduation days. They know my secrets and my weaknesses, and still love me in spite of it all. We knit and shop and watch junky TV, and I am lucky for every minute of it.

I have a job where I get to laugh. A lot. Where I get to dress up, eat Theme Night foods, and play games. Oh, and did I mention I get to do what I love? All this with a group of people who are among the nicest I've ever met? You don't often get so lucky.

So, it's been a good season, and an amazing year. And I have you to thank.

3 Comments:

At 30 December, 2005 08:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I beg to differ on one small point, because it conserns how I feel about you. I don't love you 'in spite of it all' but because of it all.

Thank you

dF

 
At 30 December, 2005 12:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here, here... this little girl is the most wonderful person I have ever met. We are all lucky to have her in our lives. You are my funnest friend and my most supportive ally.

 
At 30 December, 2005 17:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been thinking it has been too much time since you saw your family, doesn't seem like last week to me. Been thinking about a visit from your mom soon?!?!?
M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home