Monday, December 12, 2005

My Confession

I've never denied that advertising works on me. I see a commercial for ice cream...I want ice cream. Those iPod ads? So tragically hip I had to have one. And now, I must admit, advertising is working its magic once again.

Blame it on Coldplay... I had no desire to see that new King Kong movie. None whatsoever. And now, they start a new ad campaign (you can catch it during those girly shows, like vh1's *these people are so famous and you are not*). Have you seen it? An instrumental version of *Fix You* with all the shots of the emotional scenes from the movie. And damn if you didn't work again, advertising geniuses! Now, I admit, I kind of want to see this movie!

And, on another advertising note....I want to give props to the people who created that karma chameleon commercial. Pure magic and you know it! Oh! And that Domino's ad with the dad who let's his kids turn on the lamp for like 4 seconds. Gets me every time!

Oh, I love advertising!

1 Comments:

At 14 December, 2005 16:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know someone who had just learned to walk and would come from the other room when a commercial came on the tv

 

Post a Comment

<< Home