Wednesday, January 04, 2006

California Dreamin'

In 48 hours, I'll be saying good-bye to drab New England winter, and hello to that warm California sun! And the trip cannot come soon enough!

Winter in New England is hard. It's one of the hardest things I've ever done. It's a lot of work to shovel snow. It's hard to shiver. It's a pain to plan your travel plans around the weather. It hurts! It hurts my ears and my hands and my emotional well-being.

One former NE transplant once told me the only way to survive the winter is to get out, or you'll lose your sanity. I'm starting to feel close.

So for the next day and a half, I can only dream of San Diego.. The plans? Visit friends and family. Eat the Westie food I've been craving for a year. Sit on the beach and build a sand castle. Swim. Tan. Knit. Relax. Read. Breathe.

California, here I come!

3 Comments:

At 05 January, 2006 17:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a fantastic time in California! By the way, I hope you realize that Nick got me possibly the best present I've ever got (besides the Millenium Falcon stuffed with second hand figures I got at the age of 7) in the form of 1,ooo Nintendo games! Holy crap. I think you should be extra nice to him on your vacation. He certainly didn't put me up to this or anything. I mean, Nintendo. Mike Freakin' Tyson's Punchout. So, if there's something, ya know, that maybe you might be a little reluctant to do regularly, well...I'm not trying to be disgusting here. I'm just saying. This is the sort of deed that shouldn't go unrewarded. Can one really put a price on happiness? The thrill one gets when the bad guy from 'Kung Fu' laughs at you when you die? The sheer joy of kicking a koopa into one of those coin boxes, and having a mushroom roll down at you. It is like the mushroom fell on me, and I was a much smaller Ed who is now larger with the spirit of Nintendo! Able to shoot fireballs of pure joy! Wait, what?! What am I writing? I have the Nintendo madness! Gotta go! Have fun!

 
At 08 January, 2006 18:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What too lazy to blog from the West Coast? Let's go, what is happening in the warm part of the continental US?

 
At 09 January, 2006 14:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NE misses you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home