Monday, January 09, 2006

Daily Dose of Vitamin D

For three days now, I've been getting more than the daily recommended amount of the good stuff...could San Diego BE any more perfect?!!?!?!? The sun! The beach!! The food!! The surfers!! Amazing...

Alli's happy belly count: 2 trips to Sweet Tomatoes, 2 visits to In and Out, 1 dinner at the Spaghetti Factory. Still to go, real mexican and conveyor belt sushi (if we can find it). We're getting close!

Quick trip highlights:

*Day 1: Trolley tour of SD, including Coronado. Nick succeeds in getting me clobbered by a wave and I spend the second half of the day wet and whining. But man, it was worth it! Stumbled upon an amazing outdoor market and bought the cutest shirt ever!!

*Day 2: Added to my Starbucks mug collection and found a pigeon that refused to leave a bookstore. Made a trip to Laguna Beach to pretend I live in an MTV reality show and meet up with an old friend. Cruising up and down the PCH, feeling such pity for those poor souls stuck driving Porsches. Man, how do they cope?

*Day 3: San Diego Zoo. If you visit any zoo ever, this is it!! Pandas! Koalas! Camels! Lions and Tigers and Bears! Best moment of the day: little boy turns to Grandma outside the hippos and says " he's even fatter than YOU!" Nick and I run off laughing so hard we're in tears.

Vacations this good should never end...

3 Comments:

At 10 January, 2006 10:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is me biting my tongue.... I am so happy for you.

 
At 10 January, 2006 18:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the hell is a Porshe?
Man, how do that cope? How do it cope?

 
At 12 January, 2006 18:14, Blogger Allison said...

Dear Reader,

I apologize for a few recent anomalies from usually well spell-checked posts. You may not know, but I was having way too much fun in SoCal to properly check before posting.

A Porshe is my misspelling of Porsche, you know, the car. They're these fabu sports cars, similar to the crap-tastic Miata.

And *how to that cope* was supposed to be *how do they cope?!* It was something Nick and I repeated over and over again while driving up the PCH looking at all the amazing Cali scenery!

I'll send some laid-back Westie vibes your way so you can learn to c-h-i-l-l.

Yours in the blogosphere,

Al

 

Post a Comment

<< Home